Inspired by Rapha l Hertzog, here is a monthly update covering a large part of what I have been doing in the free software world:
- Added support for --allow-unauthenticated in Ansible's apt module. (#2023)
- A proposal to change the nouns displayed in the Tails boot menu. (post)
- A trivial change to the Tails packaging to use dpkg's --show-field option over manual invokations to sed. (post)
- Added rudimentary netsplit support and Debian packaging to the stravabot IRC bot.
- Helped Andrew Velis towards supporting custom message attachments and endpoint URLs in django-slack as well as merged two documentation updates (#7 & #8).
- A trivial change to disque's documentation regarding web addresses. (#125)
- Updated youtube-upload's documentation to suggest using Debian packages over pip. (#59)
- Added support to to Strava Enhancement Suite for pre-populating fields on "Manual Upload" from GET parameters. (diff)
- Blogged about "joining" strings in POSIX shell.
- Celebrated the 7th anniversary of becoming an official Debian Developer.
- Published the SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH specification.
- Joined the Debian Long Term Support team, issuing DLA 318-1 for flightgear.
- Submitted cleanups to dak, including improving its packaging, making tests clearer and more robust, etc.
- Sent many small improvements to the Reproducible Builds testing framework managed by Holger Levsen et al.
- Sent Enrico Zini improvements to the new Debian Single Sign-On enrollment page to improve the user interface.
- Relicensed my packaging efforts to assist in Michael Fladischer's adoption of python-django-treebeard.
- redis A new upstream release, as well as overhauling the systemd configuration, maintaining feature parity with sysvinit and adding various security hardening features.
- python-redis Attempting to get its Debian Continuous Integration tests to pass successfully.
- libfiu Ensuring we do not FTBFS under exotic locales.
- gunicorn Dropping a dependency on python-tox now that tests are disabled.
- apt: Acquire::GzipIndexes breaks "copy" APT method ("Hash Sum mismatch")
- cappuccino: Segfaults if DISPLAY is missing or invalid
- console-data: Creates bogus keymaps under some locales
- docker.io: Incompatible with systemd 226?
- snapshot.debian.org: Files seem to appear and disappear
- abi-compliance-checker: Please drop timestamp from generated HTML reports
- abi-compliance-checker: Please make the generated .abi.tar.gz files reproducible
- apt-setup: Please refer to httpredir.debian.org over ftp.debian.org in commented-out examples
- debmany: Please provide a hint if a "$package-doc" package also exists
- docbook2x: Please re-enable autoreconfing
- docbook2x: Does not build twice in a row
- grub-installer: Please show size as well as the device id when selecting target
- lintian: Please update link to Debian systemd packaging reference
- lintian: Please emit when systemd service files are missing a Documentation key
- netcfg: Change default wireless networking type from WEP to WPA
- 389-ds-base: Please make the build reproducible
- cappuccino: Please make the build reproducible
- dutch: Please make the build reproducible
- python-sqlalchemy-utils: Please make the build reproducible
- segment: Please make the build reproducible
- sysstat: Please make the build reproducible
- tunnelx: Please make the build reproducible
- xbae: Please make the build reproducible
I also filed FTBFS bugs against actdiag, actdiag, bangarang, bmon, bppphyview, cervisia, choqok, cinnamon-control-center, clasp, composer, cpl-plugin-naco, dirspec, django-countries, dmapi, dolphin-plugins, dulwich, elki, eqonomize, eztrace, fontmatrix, freedink, galera-3, golang-git2go, golang-github-golang-leveldb, gopher, gst-plugins-bad0.10, jbofihe, k3b, kalgebra, kbibtex, kde-baseapps, kde-dev-utils, kdesdk-kioslaves, kdesvn, kdevelop-php-docs, kdewebdev, kftpgrabber, kile, kmess, kmix, kmldonkey, knights, konsole4, kpartsplugin, kplayer, kraft, krecipes, krusader, ktp-auth-handler, ktp-common-internals, ktp-text-ui, libdevice-cdio-perl, libdr-tarantool-perl, libevent-rpc-perl, libmime-util-java, libmoosex-app-cmd-perl, libmoosex-app-cmd-perl, librdkafka, libxml-easyobj-perl, maven-dependency-plugin, mmtk, murano-dashboard, node-expat, node-iconv, node-raw-body, node-srs, node-websocket, ocaml-estring, ocaml-estring, oce, odb, oslo-config, oslo.messaging, ovirt-guest-agent, packagesearch, php-svn, php5-midgard2, phpunit-story, pike8.0, plasma-widget-adjustableclock, plowshare4, procps, pygpgme, pylibmc, pyroma, python-admesh, python-bleach, python-dmidecode, python-libdiscid, python-mne, python-mne, python-nmap, python-nmap, python-oslo.middleware, python-riemann-client, python-traceback2, qdjango, qsapecng, ruby-em-synchrony, ruby-ffi-rzmq, ruby-nokogiri, ruby-opengraph-parser, ruby-thread-safe, shortuuid, skrooge, smb4k, snp-sites, soprano, stopmotion, subtitlecomposer, svgpart, thin-provisioning-tools, umbrello, validator.js, vdr-plugin-prefermenu, vdr-plugin-vnsiserver, vdr-plugin-weather, webkitkde, xbmc-pvr-addons, xfsdump & zanshin.
- docbook2x: docbook2x-man binary broken due to literal $ prefix instead of path name
- python-hacking: Overly-restrictive Build-Depends on python-sphinx
- spice-gtk: spice-common/common/generated_* not reliably generated
- bmon: Missing Build-Depends on pkg-config
- commons-configuration: Missing Build-Depends on libeasymock-java
- golang-github-hanwen-usb: Missing Build-Depends on pkg-config
- gsm0710muxd: Illegal changelog date format
- libsixel: Missing Build-Depends on python
- maven-processor-plugin: Missing Build-Depends on junit4
- nfdump: Missing Build-Depends on libz-dev
- ntopng: Missing Build-Depends on pkg-config
- sphinx-paramlinks: Missing Build-Depends on python3-docutils & python3-sphinx