A while back I wrote about some issues with converting a two-disk RAID system to a one-disk system, but just to recap:
- We knew were were moving to Finland.
- The shared/main computer we used in the UK was old and slow.
- A new computer in Finland would be more expensive than it should be.
- Equally transporting a big computer from the UK would also be silly.
Two days later I'd pulled 1.3Tb over the network, and once I fixed up grub,
cd / .. restore latest backup ..
/etc/fstab, and a couple of niggles it all just worked. Rebooted to make sure the
temporary.homehostname, etc, was all gone and life was good. Restored backup! No errors! No data-loss! Perfect! The backup-script I use every day was very very good at making sure nothing was missed:
In other news I published my module for controlling the new smart lights I've bought
attic create --stats --checkpoint-interval=7200 attic@$ remote :/attic/storage::$ host -$(date +%Y-%m-%d-%H) --exclude=/proc \ --exclude=/sys \ --exclude=/run \ --exclude=/dev \ --exclude=/tmp \ --exclude=/var/tmp \ --exclude=/var/log \ /