What happened in the reproducible builds effort this week: Toolchain fixes
- Barry Warsaw uploaded wheel/0.26.0-1 which now uses SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH instead of WHEEL_FORCE_TIMESTAMP and uses time.gmtime() to avoid timezone issues. Patches by Chris Lamb and Reiner Herrmann.
groovydoc. Ben Hutchings submitted a patch to add support for SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH in
linux-kbuildas an alternate way to specify the build timestamp. Reiner Herrman has sent a patch adding support for SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH in docbook-utils. Packages fixed The following packages became reproducible due to changes in their build dependencies: commons-csv. fest-reflect, sunxi-tools, xfce4-terminal, The following packages became reproducible after getting fixed:
- httpcomponents-client/4.5.1-1 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- jhead/1:3.00-2 by Ludovic Rousseau.
- libvigraimpex/1.10.0+dfsg-10 by Daniel Stender.
- linux/4.2-1~exp1 by Ben Hutchings.
- maelstrom/1.4.3-L3.0.6+main-7 by Santiago Vila.
- nedit/1:5.6a-3 by Paul Gevers.
- pitivi/0.94-4 by Sebastian Dr ge, reported by Scott Kitterman.
- procenv/0.40-2 by James Hunt.
- seyon/2.20c-32 by Santiago Vila.
- slib/3b1-5 by Santiago Vila.
- spock/0.7-groovy-2.0-1 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- u-boot/2015.10~rc4+dfsg1-1 by Vagrant Cascadian.
- vdr-plugin-remote/0.7.0-1 by Tobias Grimm.
amd64builders now use two different kernel versions: 3.16 from stable and 4.1 from backports on the other. (h01ger) We now graph the number of packages which needs to be fixed. (h01ger) Munin now creates graphs on how many builds were performed by build nodes (example). (h01ger) A migration plan has been agreed with DSA on how to turn Jenkins into an official Debian service. A backport of jenkins-job-builder for Jessie is currently missing. (h01ger) Package reviews 119 reviews have been removed, 103 added and 45 updated this week. 16 fail to build from source issues were reported by Chris Lamb and Mattia Rizzolo. New issue this week: timestamps_in_manpages_generated_by_docbook_utils. Misc. Allan McRae has submitted a patch to make ArchLinux pacman record a .BUILDINFO file.