Here's what happened in the Reproducible
effort between Sunday June 25 and
Saturday July 1 2017:
Upcoming and past events
Our next IRC meeting is scheduled for July 6th
at 17:00 UTC (agenda
). Topics to be discussed include an update on our next Summit, a potential NMU campaign, a press release for buster, branding, etc.
Toolchain development and fixes
- James McCoy reviewed and merged Ximin Luo's script
into the devscripts Git
repository. This is
useful for rebasing our patches onto new versions of Debian packages.
Packages fixed and bugs filed
Ximin Luo uploaded
to the deferred uploads
with a delay of 14 days. (We have had patches for these core packages for over
a year now and the original maintainers seem inactive so Debian conventions
allow for this.)
Patches submitted upstream:
Reviews of unreproducible packages
4 package reviews have been added, 4 have been updated and 35 have been removed in this week,
adding to our knowledge about identified issues
One issue types has been updated:
One issue type has been added:
Weekly QA work
During our reproducibility testing, FTBFS bugs have been detected and reported by:
- Adrian Bunk (68)
- Daniel Schepler (1)
- Michael Hudson-Doyle (1)
- Scott Kitterman (6)
- Daniel Shahaf:
- Mattia Rizzolo:
- Ximin Luo:
- Vagrant Cascadian working on testing Debian:
- Upgraded the 27
armhf build machines to stretch.
- Fix mtu check to only display status when eth0 is present.
- Helmut Grohne worked on testing Debian:
- Limit diffoscope memory usage to 10GB virtual per process. It currently tends to use 50GB virtual, 36GB resident which is bad for everything else sharing the machine. (This is #865660)
- Alexander Couzens working on testing LEDE:
- Add multiple architectures / targets.
- Limit LEDE and OpenWrt jobs to only allow one build at the same time using the jenkins build blocker plugin.
git log -1 > .html to node document environment().
- Update TODOs.
- Mattia Rizzolo working on testing Debian:
- Updated the maintenance script for
- Restored the postgresql database from backup after Holger accidently purged it.
- Holger Levsen working on:
- Merging all the above commits.
- Added a check for (known) Jenkins zombie jobs and report them. (This is an long known problem with jenkins; deleted jobs sometimes come back )
- Upgraded the remaining
amd64 nodes to
- Accidentially purged
postgres-9.4 from jenkins, so we could test our backups
- Updated our stretch upgrade TODOs.
This week's edition was written by Chris Lamb, Ximin Luo, Holger Levsen, Bernhard Wiedemann, Vagrant Cascadian & reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC & the mailing lists.