Like each month
, have a look at the work funded by Freexian s Debian LTS offering
Debian project funding
In January, we put aside 2175 EUR to fund Debian projects
As part of this Carles Pina i Estany started to work on
better no-dsa support for the PTS
which recently resulted in two
which will hopefully be deployed soon.
We re looking forward to receive more projects from various
Debian teams! Learn more about the rationale behind this initiative in this article
Debian LTS contributors
In January, 13 contributors have been paid to work on Debian LTS
, their reports are available:
- Abhijith PA did 9.0h (out of 14h assigned and 7h from December), thus carrying over 12h to February.
- Adrian Bunk did 14h (out of 26h assigned), thus carrying over 12h to February, which he then gave back.
- Ben Hutchings did 0.25h (out of 7h assigned and 8.5h from December), thus carrying over 15.25h to February.
- Brian May did 10h (out of 10h assigned).
- Chris Lamb did 18h (out of 18h assigned).
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort did not report back about their work so we assume they did nothing (out of 26h assigned plus 9.5h from December), thus is carrying over 35.5h for February.
- Holger Levsen did 6.5h coordinating/managing the LTS team..
- Markus Koschany did 36.75h (out of 26h assigned and 10.75h from December).
- Ola Lundqvist did 2.5h (out of 10.5h assigned and 11.5h from December) and gave back 9.5 hours, thus carrying over 10h to February.
- Roberto C. S nchez did 6h (out of 26h assigned), thus carrying over 20h to February, which he then gave back.
- Sylvain Beucler did 26h (out of 26h assigned).
- Thorsten Alteholz did 26h (out of 26h assigned).
- Utkarsh Gupta did 26h (out of 26h assigned).
Evolution of the situation
In January we released 28 DLAs
and held our first
LTS team meeting for 2021 on IRC
, with the next public IRC meeting coming up at the end of March.
During that meeting Utkarsh shared that after he rolled out the python-certbot update (on December 8th 2020) the maintainer told him: I just checked with Let s Encrypt, and the stats show that you just saved 142,500 people from having their certificates start failing next month. I didn t know LTS was still that used!
Finally, we would like to welcome sipgate GmbH
as a new silver sponsor. Also remember that we are constantly looking
for new contributors. Please contact Holger
if you are interested.
The security tracker
currently lists 43 packages with a known CVE and the dla-needed.txt file
has 23 packages needing an update.
Thanks to our sponsors
Sponsors that joined recently are in bold.
- Platinum sponsors:
- Gold sponsors:
- Silver sponsors:
- Bronze sponsors: