What happened in the Reproducible
effort between May 22nd and May 28th 2016:
- The wiki page TimestampsProposal has been extended to cover more usage examples and to list more softwares supporting SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH. (Axel Beckert, Dhole and Ximin Luo)
- h01ger started a reference card for tools and information about reproducible builds but hasn't progressed much yet. Help with it is much welcome, this is also a good opportunity to learn about this project The idea is simply to have one coherent place with pointers to all the stuff we have and provide, without repeating nor replacing other documentation.
- Alexis Bienven e submitted a patch (#824050) against emacs24 for
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH support in autoloads files, but upstream already disabled timestamps by default some time before.
- proj/4.9.2-3 uploaded by Bas Couwenberg (original patch by Alexis Bienven ) properly initializes memory with zero to prevent the nad2bin tool from leaking random memory content into output artefacts.
- Reiner Herrmann submitted a patch (#825569, upstream) against Ruby to sort object files in generated Makefiles, which are used to compile C sources that are part of Ruby projects.
The following 18 packages have become reproducible due to changes in their
The following packages have become reproducible after being fixed:
Some uploads have fixed some reproducibility issues, but not all of them:
Patches submitted that have not made their way to the archive yet:
- #803547 against bbswitch (reopened) by Reiner Herrmann: sort members of tar archive
- #806945 against bash (follow-up) by Reiner Herrmann: use system man2html instead of embedded copy
- #825122 against kapptemplate by Scarlett Clark: set owner/group of members in tarball to root
- #825138 against console-setup by Reiner Herrmann: fix umask issue; sort entries in shell script; sort fontsets/charmaps locale-independently
- #825285 against kodi by Lukas Rechberger: replace build timestamps with version numbers
- #825322 against choqok by Scarlett Clark: force UTF-8 locale so kconfig_compiler behaves correctly
- #825544 against wavemon by Reiner Herrmann: sort list of object files
- #825545 against dwm by Reiner Herrmann: sort list of header files
- #825547 against tennix by Reiner Herrmann: sort list of data files being archived
- #825584 against ffmpeg2theora by Reiner Herrmann: sort list of source files
- #825588 against kball by Reiner Herrmann: sort list of source files
- #825634 against miceamaze by Reiner Herrmann: sort list of object files
- #825643 against dash by Reiner Herrmann: fix sorting of struct members in generated source file
- #825655 against libselinux by Reiner Herrmann: sort list of source files
- #825656 against libsepol by Reiner Herrmann: sort list of source files
- #825674 against libsemanage by Reiner Herrmann: sort list of source files
123 reviews have been added, 57 have been updated and 135 have been removed in this week.
- 5 new issues have been identified:
21 FTBFS bugs have been reported by Chris Lamb and Santiago Vila.
- strip-nondeterminsim development: treat *.htb as Zip files (by Sascha Steinbiss).
- strip-nondeterminism 0.017-1 uploaded by h01ger.
- The kde pkg set was extended, though the change ain't visible yet, as there are currently non-installable packages in it (and so the set can't be computed). (h01ger)
- Mattia improved misc.git/reports (=the tools to help writing the weekly statistics for this blog) some more.
This week's edition was written by Reiner Herrmann and Holger Levsen and reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible builds folks on IRC.