What happened in the reproducible builds effort between March 20th and March 26th: Toolchain fixes
- Sebastian Ramacher uploaded breathe/4.2.0-1 which makes its output deterministic. Original patch by Chris Lamb, merged upstream.
- Rafael Laboissiere uploaded octave/4.0.1-1 which allows packages to be built in place and avoid unreproducible builds due to temporary build directories appearing in the
-fdebug-prefix-mapto clang to match GCC, another patch against gcc-5 to backport the removal of
DW_AT_producer, and finally by proposing the addition of a
reproduciblefeature set of
dpkg-buildflagsthat would use
-fdebug-prefix-mapto replace the current directory with
-fdebug-prefix-map. Sergey Poznyakoff merged the
--clamp-mtimeoption so that it will be featured in the next Tar release. This option is likely to be used by
dpkg-debto implement deterministic mtimes for packaged files. Packages fixed The following packages have become reproducible due to changes in their build dependencies: augeas, gmtkbabel, ktikz, octave-control, octave-general, octave-image, octave-ltfat, octave-miscellaneous, octave-mpi, octave-nurbs, octave-octcdf, octave-sockets, octave-strings, openlayers, python-structlog, signond. The following packages became reproducible after getting fixed:
- atheme-services/7.0.7-1 by Antoine Beaupr .
- boa-constructor/0.6.1-16 by Reiner Herrmann.
- calculix-ccx/2.10-1 by Wolfgang F tterer, fixed upstream.
- deap/1.0.2.post2-2 by Daniel Stender.
- debian-keyring/2016.03.22 uploaded by Jonathan McDowell, fix by Niels Thykier, obsolete patch by Satyam Zode.
- firefox-kwallet5/1.0-2 by Sandro Knau .
- fox1.6/1.6.51-1 by Joachim Wiedorn.
- gdnsd/2.2.3-1 by Faidon Liambotis.
- glib2.0/2.48.0-1 uploaded by Iain Lane, original patch by Lunar, merged upstream.
- jwm/2.3.4-1 uploaded by Samuel Henrique Oltramari Pinto, fix by Reiner Herrmann.
- libasm4-java/5.0.4-2 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- libjna-java/4.2.2-1 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- libsynthesis/184.108.40.206.5+syncevolution-1.5.1-1 uploaded by Tino Mettler, patch by Reiner Herrmann.
- logback/1:1.1.6-1 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- nethack/3.6.0-2 uploaded by James Cowgill, patch by Reiner Herrmann.
- php-htmlpurifier/4.7.0-2 by David Pr vot.
- psocksxx/1.1.0-1 by Gianfranco Costamagna.
- sbmltoolbox/4.1.0-3 uploaded by Afif Elghraoui, original patch by Reiner Herrmann.
- spades/3.7.1+dfsg-2 by Sascha Steinbiss.
- sprng/2.0a-10 uploaded by Dirk Eddelbuettel, original patch by Reiner Herrmann.
- gle-graphics/4.2.5-2 by Christian T. Steigies.
- kexec-tools/1:2.0.10-2 uploaded by Khalid Aziz, original patch by Lunar.
- pdal/1.1.0-4 by Bas Couwenberg.
- tcl8.5/8.5.19-2 uploaded by Sergei Golovan, original patch.
- tcl8.6/8.6.5+dfsg-2 uploaded by Sergei Golovan, original patch.
- #818742 on milkytracker by Reiner Herrmann: sorts the list of source files.
- #818752 on tcl8.4 by Reiner Herrmann: sort source files using C locale.
- #818753 on tk8.6 by Reiner Herrmann: sort source files using C locale.
- #818754 on tk8.5 by Reiner Herrmann: sort source files using C locale.
- #818755 on tk8.4 by Reiner Herrmann: sort source files using C locale.
- #818952 on marionnet by ceridwen: dummy out build date and uname to make build reproducible.
- #819334 on avahi by Reiner Herrmann: ship upstream changelog instead of the one generated by gettextize (although duplicate of #804141 by Santiago Vila).
i386build nodes have been setup by converting 2 of the 4
i386. (h01ger) Package reviews 92 reviews have been removed, 66 added and 31 updated in the previous week. New issues: timestamps_generated_by_xbean_spring, timestamps_generated_by_mangosdk_spiprocessor. Chris Lamb filed 7 FTBFS bugs. Misc. On March 20th, Chris Lamb gave a talk at FOSSASIA 2016 in Singapore. The very same day, but a few timezones apart, h01ger did a presentation at LibrePlanet 2016 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Seven GSoC/Outreachy applications were made by potential interns to work on various aspects of the reproducible builds effort. On top of interacting with several applicants, prospective mentors gathered to review the applications.