What happened in the reproducible builds effort this week: Toolchain fixes
- Markus Koschany uploaded antlr3/3.5.2-3 which includes a fix by Emmanuel Bourg to make the generated parser reproducible.
- Markus Koschany uploaded maven-bundle-plugin/2.4.0-2 which includes a fix by Emmanuel Bourg to use the date in the
DEB_CHANGELOG_DATETIMEvariable in the
pom.propertiesfile embedded in the jar files.
- Niels Thykier uploaded debhelper/9.20151116 which makes the timestamp of directories created by
dh_installexamplesreproducible. Patch by Niko Tyni.
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHin libxslt upstream. Packages fixed The following packages have become reproducible due to changes in their build dependencies: antlr3/3.5.2-3, clusterssh, cme, libdatetime-set-perl, libgraphviz-perl, liblingua-translit-perl, libparse-cpan-packages-perl, libsgmls-perl, license-reconcile, maven-bundle-plugin/2.4.0-2, siggen, stunnel4, systemd, x11proto-kb. The following packages became reproducible after getting fixed:
- bindex/2.2+svn101-3 by Markus Koschany.
- glyr/1.0.8-2 by Etienne Millon.
- jenkins-json/2.4-jenkins-3-4 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- pkg-config/0.29-1 uploaded by Tollef Fog Heen, original patch by Juan Picca.
- plexus-containers1.5/1.6-1 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- polyglot-maven/0.8~tobrien+git20120905-5 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- sigil/0.9.0+dfsg-3 uploaded by Mattia Rizzolo, original patch by Reiner Herrmann.
- simutrans/120.1.1+repack-2 uploaded by J rg Frings-F rst, fix by Markus Koschany.
- torrus/2.08-4 by Bernhard Schmidt.
- trigger-rally-data/0.6.1-2 uploaded by Bertrand Marc, patch by Mattia Rizzolo.
- castle-game-engine/5.2.0-1 by Paul Gevers.
- libam7xxx/0.1.6-2 by Antonio Ospite.
- libpdfbox-java/1:1.8.10-1 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- xfaces/3.3-29 uploaded by Hakan Ardo, original patch by Chris Lamb.
armhfnode using a Raspberry Pi 2. It should soon be added to the Jenkins infrastructure. diffoscope development diffoscope version 42 was release on November 20th. It adds a missing dependency on python3-pkg-resources and to prevent similar regression another autopkgtest to ensure that the command line is functional when Recommends are not installed. Two more encoding related problems have been fixed (#804061, #805418). A missing Build-Depends has also been added on binutils-multiarch to make the test suite pass on architectures other than
amd64. Package reviews 180 reviews have been removed, 268 added and 59 updated this week. 70 new fail to build from source bugs have been reported by Chris West, Chris Lamb and Niko Tyni. New issue this week: randomness_in_ocaml_preprocessed_files. Misc. Jim MacArthur started to work on a system to rebuild and compare packages built on reproducible.debian.net using
.buildinfoand snapshot.debian.org. On December 1-3rd 2015, a meeting of about 40 participants from 18 different free software projects will be held in Athens, Greece with the intent of improving the collaboration between projects, helping new efforts to be started, and brainstorming on end-user aspects of reproducible builds.