What happened in the reproducible
effort between April 10th and April 16th 2016:
- Roland Rosenfeld uploaded transfig/1:3.2.5.e-6 which honors SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH. Original patch by Alexis Bienven e.
- Bill Allombert uploaded gap/4r8p3-2 which makes
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH. Original patch by Jerome Benoit, duplicate patch by Dhole.
- Emmanuel Bourg uploaded ant/1.9.7-1 which makes the Javadoc task use UTF-8 as the default encoding if none was specified and
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH is set.
Antoine Beaupr suggested that gitpkg stops recording timestamps
when creating upstream archives. Antoine Beaupr also pointed out that git-buildpackage diverges from the default gzip settings
which is a problem for reproducibly recreating released tarballs which were made using the defaults.
Alexis Bienven e submitted a patch
support to copyright year.
The following packages have become reproducible due to changes in their
The following packages became reproducible after getting fixed:
Some uploads fixed some reproducibility issues, but not all of them:
Patches submitted which have not made their way to the archive yet:
- #820603 on viking by Alexis Bienven e: fix icon headers inclusion order.
- #820661 on nullmailer by Alexis Bienven e: fix the order in which files are included in the static archive.
- #820668 on sawfish by Alexis Bienven e: fix file ordering in theme archives, strip hostname and username from the
config.h file, and honour
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH when creating the
- #820740 on bless by Alexis Bienven e: always use
/bin/sh as shell.
- #820742 on gmic by Alexis Bienven e: strip the build date from help messages.
- #820809 on wsdl4j by Alexis Bienven e: use a plain text representation of the copyright character.
- #820815 on freefem++ by Alexis Bienven e: fix the order in which files are included in the
.edp files, and honour
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH when using the build date.
- #820869 on pyexiv2 by Alexis Bienven e: honour the
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH environment variable through the ustrftime function, to get a reproducible copyright year.
- #820932 on fim by Alexis Bienven e: fix the order in which files are joined in header files, strip the build date from
fim binary, make the embeded
vim2html script honour
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH variable when building the documentation, and force language to be English when using bison to make a grammar that is going to be parsed using English keywords.
- #820990 on grib-api by Santiago Vila: always call
Zbigniew J drzejewski-Szmek noted in #820631
that diffoscope doesn't work properly when a file contains several cpio archives.
have been added, 14 updated and 22 removed in this week.
New issue found: timestamps_in_htm_by_gap
Chris Lamb reported 10 new FTBFS issues.
and the slides
from the talk "Reproducible builds ecosystem" at LibrePlanet 2016 have been published now.
This week's edition was written by Lunar and Holger Levsen. h01ger automated the maintenance and publishing of this weekly newsletter via git