What happened in the reproducible builds effort this week: Toolchain fixes glibc/2.21-0experimental1 which will fix the issue were locales-all did not behave exactly like locales despite having it in the
Providesfield. Lunar rebased the
pu/reproducible_buildsbranch for dpkg on top of the released 1.18.2. This made visible an issue with
udebs and automatically generated debug packages. The summary from the meeting at DebConf15 between ftpmasters, dpkg mainatainers and reproducible builds folks has been posted to the revelant mailing lists. Packages fixed The following 70 packages became reproducible due to changes in their build dependencies: activemq-activeio, async-http-client, classworlds, clirr, compress-lzf, dbus-c++, felix-bundlerepository, felix-framework, felix-gogo-command, felix-gogo-runtime, felix-gogo-shell, felix-main, felix-shell-tui, felix-shell, findbugs-bcel, gco, gdebi, gecode, geronimo-ejb-3.2-spec, git-repair, gmetric4j, gs-collections, hawtbuf, hawtdispatch, jack-tools, jackson-dataformat-cbor, jackson-dataformat-yaml, jackson-module-jaxb-annotations, jmxetric, json-simple, kryo-serializers, lhapdf, libccrtp, libclaw, libcommoncpp2, libftdi1, libjboss-marshalling-java, libmimic, libphysfs, libxstream-java, limereg, maven-debian-helper, maven-filtering, maven-invoker, mochiweb, mongo-java-driver, mqtt-client, netty-3.9, openhft-chronicle-queue, openhft-compiler, openhft-lang, pavucontrol, plexus-ant-factory, plexus-archiver, plexus-bsh-factory, plexus-cdc, plexus-classworlds2, plexus-component-metadata, plexus-container-default, plexus-io, pytone, scolasync, sisu-ioc, snappy-java, spatial4j-0.4, tika, treeline, wss4j, xtalk, zshdb. The following packages became reproducible after getting fixed:
- apr/1.5.2-2 by Stefan Fritsch.
- binutils-m68hc1x/1:2.18-6 by Santiago Vila.
- buxon/0.0.5-5 uploaded by Santiago Vila, original patch by Chris Lamb.
- cdtool/2.1.8-release-3 by Santiago Vila.
- check/0.10.0-1 by Tobias Frost.
- ffe/0.3.4-2 by Santiago Vila.
- flowscan-cuflow/1.7-9 by Santiago Vila.
- gmt/5.1.2+dfsg1-2 by Bas Couwenberg.
- gtkspellmm/3.0.3+dfsg-2 by Philip Rinn.
- htp/1.19-2 uploaded by Santiago Vila, original patch by Chris Lamb.
- igerman98/20131206-6 by Roland Rosenfeld.
- intlfonts/1.2.1-9 uploaded by Santiago Vila, original patch by Chris Lamb.
- irda-utils/0.9.18-14 uploaded by Santiago Vila, original patch by Chris Lamb.
- jackd2/1.9.10+20150825git1ed50c92~dfsg-1 uploaded by Adrian Knoth, original patch by Chris Lamb.
- jove/184.108.40.206-4 by Cord Beermann.
- jquery/1.11.3+dfsg-1 uploaded by Antonio Terceiro, original patch by Reiner Herrmann.
- libapache2-authcookie-perl/3.22-3 by Niko Tyni.
- libaqbanking/5.6.1beta-2 fixed and uploaded by Micha Lenk.
- libcitygml/1.4.3-1 by Bas Couwenberg with a fixed new upstream release.
- libevhtp/1.2.10-3 by Vincent Bernat.
- libgnome2-perl/1.046-2 by Niko Tyni.
- libmarc-charset-perl/1.35-2 by Niko Tyni.
- libtime-y2038-perl/20100403-5 by Niko Tyni.
- libxray-absorption-perl/3.0.1-3 uploaded by gregor herrmann, original patch by Niko Tyno.
- lpc21isp/1.97-2 by Agustin Henze.
- luakit/2012.09.13-r1-6 by Santiago Vila, also with a patch from akira.
- moarvm/2015.07-1 by Daniel Dehennin with a fixed new upstream release.
- mosquitto/1.4.3-1 by Roger A. Light.
- ngircd/22.1-2 by Christoph Biedl.
- nn/6.7.3-10 uploaded by Cord Beermann, original patch by Chris Lamb.
- owncloud-client/2.0.0~rc1+dfsg-1 by Sandro Knau .
- postfix-gld/1.7-7 uploaded by Santiago Vila, patches for gzip by Chris Lamb and mtimes by akira.
- pppconfig/2.3.22 by Santiago Vila.
- prometheus/0.15.1+ds-2 by Mart n Ferrari.
- python-xlrd/0.9.4-1 by Vincent Bernat.
- recode/3.6-22 by Santiago Vila.
- ruby-rmagick/2.15.4-1 by Antonio Terceiro.
- scite/3.6.0-1 by Antonio Valentino.
- smartlist/3.15-25 by Santiago Vila.
- tar/1.28-1 uploaded by Bdale Garbee, original patch by Reiner Herrman.
- transmissionrpc/0.11-2 uploaded by Vincent Bernat, original patch by Juan Picca.
- uruk/20150810-1 uploaded by Joost van Baal-Ili , original patch by Lunar.
- webassets/3:0.11-2 uploaded by Agustin Henze, original patch by Reiner Herrmann.
- xfig/1:3.2.5.c-5 by Roland Rosenfeld.
- xfonts-bolkhov/1.1.20001007-8 by Santiago Vila.
- cvs-buildpackage/5.24 uploaded by Santiago Vila, original patch by Chris Lamb.
- gcc-mingw-w64/15.5 by Stephen Kitt.
- vtk6/6.2.0+dfsg1-4 by Anton Gladky.
- #797027 on zyne by Chris Lamb: switch to
pybuildto get rid of
- #797180 on python-doit by Chris Lamb: sort output when creating completion script for bash and zsh.
- #797211 on apt-dater by Chris Lamb: fix implementation of
- #797215 on getdns by Chris Lamb: fix call to
- #797254 on splint by Chris Lamb: support
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHfor version string.
- #797296 on shiro by Chris Lamb: remove username from build string.
- #797408 on splitpatch by Reiner Herrmann: use
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHto set manpage date.
- #797410 on eigenbase-farrago by Reiner Herrmann: sets the comment style to
ResourceGenthat no timestamps should be included.
- #797415 on apparmor by Reiner Herrmann: sorting with the locale set to C. CAPABILITIES
- #797419 on resiprocate by Reiner Herrmann: set the embedded hostname to a static value.
- #797427 on jam by Reiner Herrmann: sorting with the locale set to C.
- #797430 on ii-esu by Reiner Herrmann: sort source list using C locale.
- #797431 on tatan by Reiner Herrmann: sort source list using C locale.
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHhave been improved to support systems without GNU
armhfis finally being tested, which also means the remote building of Debian packages finally works! This paves the way to perform the tests on even more architectures and doing variations on CPU and date. Some packages even produce the same binary
Arch:allpackages on different architectures (1, 2). (h01ger) Tests for FreeBSD are finally running. (h01ger) As it seems the gcc5 transition has cooled off, we schedule sid more often than testing again on
amd64. (h01ger) disorderfs has been built and installed on all build nodes (
armhf). One issue related to permissions for root and unpriviliged users needs to be solved before
disorderfscan be used on reproducible.debian.net. (h01ger) strip-nondeterminism Version 0.011-1 has been released on August 29th. The new version updates
dh_strip_nondeterminismto match recent changes in
debhelper. (Andrew Ayer) disorderfs disorderfs, the new FUSE filesystem to ease testing of filesystem-related variations, is now almost ready to be used. Version 0.2.0 adds support for extended attributes. Since then Andrew Ayer also added support to reverse directory entries instead of shuffling them, and arbitrary padding to the number of blocks used by files. Package reviews 142 reviews have been removed, 48 added and 259 updated this week. Santiago Vila renamed the
not_using_dh_builddebissue into varying_mtimes_in_data_tar_gz_or_control_tar_gz to align better with other tag names. New issue identified this week: random_order_in_python_doit_completion. 37 FTBFS issues have been reported by Chris West (Faux) and Chris Lamb. Misc. h01ger gave a talk at FrOSCon on August 23rd. Recordings are already online. These reports are being reviewed and enhanced every week by many people hanging out on
#debian-reproducible. Huge thanks!