What happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between May 8th and May 14th 2016: Documentation updates
- Ximin Luo spent some work on improving and updating our documentation:
- updated the SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH adoption page at wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/TimestampsProposal with a compilation of our reasonings versus common arguments encountered with package maintainers and upstream developers.
- updated wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/Howto
- and also moved resolved issues to wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/OldIssues.
- https://anonscm.debian.org/git/reproducible/ has been cleaned up by Ximin, including the removal of the link from diffoscope.git to debbindiff.git.
- dpkg 1.18.7 has been uploaded to unstable, after which Mattia Rizzolo took care of rebasing our patched version.
- this prompted h01ger to restart the discussion about reproducible dpkg for sid and stretch
- to which Guillem replied with a status update.
- gcc-5 and gcc-6 migrated to testing with the patch to honour
- Ximin Luo started an upstream discussion with the Ghostscript developers.
- Norbert Preining has uploaded a new version of texlive-bin with these changes relevant to us:
- imported Upstream version 2016.20160512.41045
support for suppressing timestamps (
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH) (Closes: #792202)
- add support for
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHalso to luatex
- imported Upstream version 2016.20160512.41045 support for suppressing timestamps (
- cdbs 0.4.131 has been uploaded to unstable by Jonas Smedegaard, fixing these issues relevant to us:
- libxslt 1.1.28-3 has been uploaded to unstable by Mattia Rizzolo, fixing the following toolchain issues:
- asymptote/2.38-1 by Norbert Preining, original patch by Alexis Bienven e.
- bnd/2.4.1-4 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- cgal/4.8-4 by Joachim Reichel.
- courier/0.76.1-2 by Ond ej Sur , original patch by Alexis Bienven e.
- dict-foldoc/20160505-1 by Iustin Pop, original patch by Reiner Herrmann.
- emoslib/2:4.4.1-2 by Alastair McKinstry, original patch by boyska.
- libksba/1.3.4-3 by Andreas Metzler.
- mp4h/1.3.1-15 by Axel Beckert.
- stk/4.5.2+dfsg-2 by Felipe Sateler, original patch by Alexis Bienven e.
- sympow/1.023-7 by Jerome Benoit.
- x11proto-input/2.3.2-1 by Julien Cristau, original patch by Eduard Sanou.
- klibc/2.0.4-9 by Ben Hutchings.
- allegro4.4/2:4.4.2-8 by Andreas R nnquist, original patch by Daniel Shahaf.
- gearmand/1.0.6-7 by Alexandre Mestiashvili, original patch by Chris Lamb.
- mame/0.172-1 by Jordi Mallach.
- python-babel/1.3+dfsg.1-7 by Jean-Michel Vourg re, original patch by Val Lorentz.
- openttd/1.6.0-1 by Matthijs Kooijman.
- blender/2.77.a+dfsg0-4 by Matteo F. Vescovi, original patch by Campbell Burton.
- unburden-home-dir/0.4 by Axel Beckert.
- refpolicy/2:2.20140421-10 by Laurent Bigonville, original patch by Chris Lamb.
- kdiff3/0.9.98-3 by Eike Sauer.
- #787424 against emacs24 by Alexis Bienven e: order hashes when generating .el files
- #823764 against sen by Daniel Shahaf: render the build timestamp in a consistent timezone
- #823797 against openclonk by Alexis Bienven e: honour
- #823961 against herbstluftwm by Fabian Wolff: honour
- #824049 against emacs24 by Alexis Bienven e: make start value of gensym-counter reproducible
- #824050 against emacs24 by Alexis Bienven e: make autoloads files reproducible
- #824182 against codeblocks by Fabian Wolff: honour
- #824263 against cmake by Reiner Herrmann: sort file lists from
- bpi0 has been reinstalled with a new ssd. (vagrant/h01ger)
- A new navigation menu for the Debian pages at https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/ has been implemented. (h01ger)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dank/dpkg && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install dpkgshould be enough to get reproducible builds on Ubuntu 16.04. This week's edition was written by Ximin Luo and Holger Levsen and reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible builds folks on IRC.