What happened in the reproducible builds effort between December 6th and December 12th: Toolchain fixes
- Steven Chamberlain uploaded makefs/20100306-6 which adds a
-Tflag which will clamp superblock and file timestamps to a given time in epoch format.
- Emmanuel Bourg uploaded maven-debian-helper/2.0~exp3 which disable the timestamps and set the locale to
en_USwhen generating the javadoc.
%Y-%m-%dfor the dates. Daniel Kahn Gillmor took another shot at the issue of source path captured in DWARF symbols. A patch has been sent for review by GCC upstream to add the ability to read an environment variable with
-fdebug-prefix-map. Packages fixed The following 24 packages have become reproducible due to changes in their build dependencies: gkeyfile-sharp, gprbuild, graphmonkey, gthumb, haskell-yi-language, ion, jackson-databind, jackson-dataformat-smile, jackson-dataformat-xml, jnr-ffi, libcommons-net-java, libproxy, maven-shared-utils, monodevelop-database, mydumper, ndesk-dbus, nini, notify-sharp, pixz, protozero, python-rtslib-fb, slurm-llnl, taglib-sharp, tomboy-latex. The following packages became reproducible after getting fixed:
- canl-java/2.1.1-4 by Mattias Ellert.
- codonw/1.4.4-2 by Sascha Steinbiss.
- cpl-plugin-amber/3.5.1+dfsg-4 by Ole Streicher.
- cpl-plugin-visir/3.5.1+dfsg-4 by Ole Streicher.
- flightcrew/0.7.2+dfsg-6 by Mattia Rizzolo.
- git-annex/5.20151208-1 uploaded by Richard Hartmann, fix by Joey Hess.
- gnudatalanguage/0.9.5-5 uploaded by Axel Beckert, fix by Ole Streicher.
- gramps/4.2.1~dfsg-2 by Ross Gammon.
- jglobus/2.1.0-3 by Mattias Ellert.
- kbtin/1.0.16-1 by Adam Borowski, also reported by Chris Lamb.
- lava-tool/0.14-1 by Neil Williams.
- logbook/0.12.3-1 by Agustin Henze.
- ltrsift/1.0.2-5 by Sascha Steinbiss.
- maven-war-plugin/2.2-1 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- relion/1.4+dfsg-1 by Roland Fehrenbacher.
- u-boot/2015.10+dfsg1-4 by Vagrant Cascadian.
- voms-api-java/3.0.5-3 by Mattias Ellert.
- voms-clients-java/3.0.6-3 by Mattias Ellert.
- xgalaga/188.8.131.52-5 by Markus Koschany.
- aptitude/0.7.5-1 by Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo.
- asc/184.108.40.206-1 by Markus Koschany.
- grib-api/1.14.3-2 by Enrico Zini.
- jacal/1b9-6 uploaded by Barak A. Pearlmutter, original patch by Chris Lamb.
- ncbi-tools6/6.1.20120620-9 by Aaron M. Ucko; currently FTBFS.
- vowpal-wabbit/8.1.1-1 uploaded by Yaroslav Halchenko, original patch by Chris Lamb; currently FTBFS.
- #807159 on monit by Chris Lamb: add support for setting the build date using
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH(already fixed upstream).
- #807161 on suomi-malaga by Chris Lamb: add support for setting the build date using
- #807475 on glance by Chris Lamb: stop recording the number of CPUs on the build system.
- #807605 on guiqwt by Chris Lamb: add support for setting the copyright year using
x86_64. So far only 151 packages from the
buildsys-buildgroup are tested (currently all unreproducible), but the plan is to build all 17,000 source packages in Fedora 23 and rawhide. The page presenting the results should also soon be improved. (h01ger, Dhiru Kholia) For Arch Linux, all 2223 packages from the extra repository will also be tested from now on. Packages in extra" are tested every four weeks, while those from core every week. Statistics are now displayed alongside the results. (h01ger) jenkins.debian.net has been updated to jenkins-job-builder version 1.3.0. Many job configurations have been simplified and refactored using features of the new version. This was another milestone for the
jenkins.debian.orgmigration. (Phil Hands, h01ger) diffoscope development Chris Lamb announced try.diffoscope.org: an online service that runs diffoscope on user provided files. Improvements are welcome. The application is licensed under the AGPLv3. On diffoscope itself, most pending patches have now been merged. Expect a release soon! Most of the code implementing parallel processing has been polished. Sadly, unpacking archive is CPU-bound in most cases, so the current thread-only implementation does not offer much gain on big packages. More work is still require to also add concurrent processes. Documentation update Ximin Luo has started to write a specification for buildinfo files that could become a larger platform than the limited set of features that were thought so far for Debian .buildinfo. Package reviews 113 reviews have been removed, 111 added and 56 updated in the previous week. 42 new FTBFS bugs were opened by Chris Lamb and Niko Tyni. New issues identified this week: timestamps_in_documentation_generated_by_docbook_dbtimestamp, timestamps_in_sym_l_files_generated_by_malaga, timestamps_in_edj_files_generated_by_edje_cc. Misc. Chris Lamb presented reproducible builds at skroutz.gr.